The oxidation stability tests performed with the VELP OXITEST reactor accelerate the lipid’s oxidation process that in normal conditions can last weeks or months and provide rapid, accurate and reliable results.
The OXITEST provides added value information for Quality Control and Research & Development Labs for:
- Quality control of raw materials and ingredients
- Transportation and effects on goods
- Storage period studies
- Product Development and behaviour
- Formula Optimization
- Ingredient and alternative ingredients testing
- Process optimization
- Packaging study and alternative packaging comparison
The VELP OXITEST subjects the sample to a high oxidative stress environment in order to assess, in a short period of time, the resistance to fat oxidation:
- Established over-pressure of pure oxygen (6 bar, degree 5.0)
- High constant temperature, 90 °C
With the OXITEST Method, the stability test is performed directly on the sample as it is solid, liquid or doughy. The main advantage of the method is that the OXITEST reactor ensures representative results without massive sample preparation.
The results of the OXITEST are expressed through the Induction Period (IP). The IP is the time required to reach the launching point of oxidation, relating to either a level of detectable rancidity or a sudden change in the rate of oxidation. The longer the IP, the higher the stability against oxidation over time.
The VELP OXITEST reactor is wholly controlled via PC through the insightful OXISoft™ software, able to control up to 4 OXITEST reactors simultaneously and independently. The OXISoft™ is rapid and easy-to-use, at a glimpse you always have the program parameters, work conditions and results.
The software includes multi-lingual support and a pre-installed library of methods related to a wide range of sample types to utilise, as well as having the option to create your own.
Data management, reporting and archive with the following test types:
- Repeatability test
- Freshness test
- Formulas comparison
- Packaging comparison
- IP during ageing
- Estimated shelf life
The oxidation chambers, sample holders and covers are all made of titanium guaranteeing high resistance, excellent chemical compatibility and easy cleaning as well as cost savings as no disposable consumables are required.
Thanks to its connectivity to VELP Ermes, the OXITEST reactor allows you to lessen routine operations due to the real-time monitoring of your test wherever you are from PC, smartphone and tablet.
Benefits of the VELP Ermes include:
- Real-time monitoring and notification
- Maximum security and data protection
- Anytime access to your data via PC, smartphone and tablet
- Enhanced Service Support (VELP and partners)
- Immediate Software Updates
- Create and share reports, track trend and get useful insights
- Food & Feed